The Get the life you love Team want to thank you for your support, feedback and encouragement over the past six years. We have enjoyed working with you and hope that we have been of some assistance in making your job easier.
The Registration and Event Search facilities of the website have been deactivated however the resources are still available for download on the "Resources Hub".
Printed material - From November 2012, permission is given for content to be reproduced from resources on this website (including Career Factsheets) for non-commercial purposes using your own logo but with the following disclaimer:
"Some content adapted from material authored by Karen Penrose for the “Get the Life You Love Campaign" (including National Career Development Week) an initiative of the Career Industry Council of Australia”.
Video material - "Videos used with permission from the "Get the life you love Campaign" (including National Career Development Week) an initiative of the Career Industry Council of Australia."
- Schoolies time is upon us - while many young people are out celebrating the end of their year 12 studies, we encourage them to remember to stay safe and look forward to the future ahead of them
- 4 September 2012 - The Get the life you love Campaign office will be closed for holidays from 5 September until Monday 24 September.
- 2 August 2012 - In May 2012, the Canadian Education and Research Institute for Counselling (CERIC) requested an article about the "Get the life you love Campaign and National Career Development Week from an Australia perspective ... for the Canadian career practitioner community as it is felt that they have a lot to learn from the Australian experience". See article on p15 in the Summer edition of ContactPoint Bulletin. There are also a number of other interesting articles including the "importance of careers advisers using their own advice particularly on networking - see "Network your jobs" and CERIC’s 2011 Survey of Career Service Professionals revealed that a majority of career practitioners identified labour market information (LMI) as an area in which they needed professional development.
- 19 July - Soul Mystique in Australia's Got Talent Grand Final - in Nov 2011 Soul Mystique (Gavin Skinner & Lydia Lim) assisted the Get the life you love Campaign by talking to an audience of Gold Coast Year 10 - 12 students, providing an insight into how they made their career decisions, their motivation and the challenges along the way. We made a video of their talk to help students and adults across the country. View their video here. Vote Soul Mystique to win Australia's Got Talent 2012 - text "SOUL" to 1977 8888. Latest NCDW media stories - 2011
- 11 July 2012 - Soul Mystique - one of our speakers on our "Speaker Series" videos will be on tonight's final of Australia's Got Talent. Watch Channel 7 at 7.30pm AEST and help Gavin and Lydia add to their accolades. Watch their Speaker Series motivational video.
- Read the 2012 Get the life you love Campaign (including National Career Development Week) Evaluation Survey Report
- Read the 2012 Get the life you love Campaign (including National Career Development Week) Project Report
- 30 May 2012 - During National Career Development Week six NCDW Radio Community Service Announcements (CSA) played more than 1,957 times across over 125 radio stations across the country in both metropolitan and regional areas and our special indigenous CSA on indigenous radio. The National Career Development Week TV CSA was also aired on the MCN Network (Foxtel, Austar). Contact us on email@example.com if you would like to receive any of the CSA's to play in your assembly or classrooms.
- 14 May - 20 May Celebrate National Career Development Week - see Newsletter
- National Career Development Week is from 14 May to 20 May 2012 - do you need help with your career? Check out our YouTube videos including our Forum Guest Speakers and their stories about their career journey.
- 8 May 2012 - Three new videos in the Speaker Series - Courtney Hancock, Preston Campbell, Steve Liebmann, Soul Mystique (Gavin Skinner & Lydia Lim) and six Gold Coast locals - share the story of their career journey - all on AusCareerWeek on YouTube
- WOW - over 12,000 students attended the National Careers and Employment Expo in Brisbane on Friday 4 May and the Get the life you love Team talked to many of them. The big challenge for most of them is that they have no idea what they are going to do after school. They might say that they will go to uni or TAFE but don't know what to study, what job they want or how to make the decision. For those lucky students who do know what they want to do they often don't know how to make it happen. We distributed over 9,000 Career Factsheets to the students we talked to. Take a look at the range of topics in the Get the life you love Campaign Career Factsheets
- Come and see the Get the life you love Team at Booth 31 at the National Careers and Employment Expo in Brisbane on 4 & 5 May. For details see the Spotlight information on right.
- 2 May 2012 - FULL HOUSE at Launceston Get the life you love Forum on 1 May. 650 Year 10 - 12 students from 13 schools were inspired by the career journey stories by Steve Liebmann, Jo Palmer (Southern Cross News Presenter), Brad Smith (owner and founder of motorcross brand Braaap), Kate Ritchie (actor and Gold & Silver Logie winner), Leading Seaman David Ferguson and five inspiring locals. Full summary of event will be posted soon on Community Forum page
- "NEWS FLASH" Two Guest Speakers for Launceston Forum (1 May) now confirmed - Kate Ritchie and Brad Smith (Braap Brand) - over 700 students from 13 schools have RSVP'd
- March newsletter - Catch-up on all the latest news at the Get the life you love Campaign. Winner of $500 cash prize to assist with their event is Moruya High School, NSW.
- "NEWS FLASH" - next Community Forum being organised for 1 May in Launceston, TAS
- Australian Year of the Farmer Careers Advisers survey
- 8 March 2012 The Building Aspirations - get the life you love Forum - 800 students from Port Macquarie and surrounding schools were treated to some special encouragement to build themselves a better future. Kate Ritchie, Bill Harrigan and Damian King and six local career success stories shared their career journey with the students. For more see Facebook and Community Forum page
- 1 March 2012 - The Professional Standards for Career Development Practitioners were launched at Parliament House in Canberra. See Media Release
- **NEWS FLASH** Three Guest Speakers at the "Building Aspirations - Get the life you love" Forum in Port Macquarie on Thursday 8 March now confirmed . . . Kate Ritchie, Bill Harrigan and Damian King
- Building Aspirations - Get the life you love Forum - Port Macquarie, 8 March 2012. Organised by the Get the life you love Team in partnership with the Port Macquarie School Business Community Partnership Program (Mid Coast CONNECT), the Forum program for 800 Port Macquarie area students will be hosted by Steve Liebmann (Journalist and TV Host), with three Guest Speakers, six local career stories, a community "Have Your Say" activity and finish with a light lunch.
- December Newsletter - Christmas Greetings from Get the life you love Campaign
- During Nov/Dec, the Team from Get the life you love Campaign presented Workshops and hosted Trade Expos at the Career Advisers Association of NSW & ACT (CAANSW&ACT) Conference, the Youth Attainment and Transition National Conference (Partnership Brokers and Youth Connections) and the Career Education Association of Victoria Conference (CEAV)
- November 2011 Newsletter - Catch-up on all the latest news at the Get the life you love Campaign
- Build a Team to Grow your dream - get the life you love Forum - Mt Gambier, 3 November. Guest Speakers shared their career stories with 530 Year 10 - 12 students. Speakers included - Steve Liebmann, Michael Lynch (builder and winner of Network Ten 2011 Renovators Show), Emilio de Stefano (BAE Systems) and Kate Southam (Editor, CareerOne)
- Building Aspirations - Get the life you love Forum - Gold Coast, 7 October 2011
- Sydney Rock Eisteddfod - the Get the life you love Campaign Team will be in the Foyer on 2 September and 8 & 9 September - come and say "Hi"
- Come and talk to the NCDW Team at the Skillex Expos in Sydney and Melbourne and the SkillsWest Expo in Perth
- Call to Action - National Career Development Week - NCDW Newsletter - 11 May 2011
- NCDW Blog on Official Home & Away Website by ambassador Mark Furze - part 3 of 5: Learning is Ongoing - 9 May 2011
- Get ready for National Career Development Week - NCDW Newsletter - 4 May 2011
- NCDW Blog on Official Home & Away Website by ambassador Mark Furze - part 2 of 5: Networking - 5 April 2011
- Visit NCDW Image Gallery to View Photos of Recent NCDW Activities
- Media Release - Community Gets Star Treatment to Launch Careers Week - 1 April 2011
- Exciting New 2011 NCDW Video Resources on our AusCareerWeek YouTube channel
- Media Release - New Teaching Resource Teams Up Angela Bishop, Mark Furze and David Wirrpanda to Promote Youth Career Planning - 7 March 2011
- Career Practitioners Survey closes on Wednesday 9 March
- NCDW on Official Home & Away Facebook page - 28 February 2011
- NCDW Blog on Official Home & Away Website by ambassasdor Mark Furze - part 1 of 5: Change is Constant - 28 February 2011
- Online career practitioner survey
22 February 2011
- NCDW Website "Resources Hub
18 February 2011
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) & David Wirrpanda (NCDW ambassasor) Blog
15 November 2010
- Older Adults Still Have a Thirst to Learn National Seniors Australia Media Release
28 October 2010
- Career Development Viewed as Post-Recession Recruiting, Retention Tool - HR and Employment Law News
22 October 2010
- New NCDW Ambassador announced - David Wirrpanda
- NCDW is now on Facebook
- Elite athletes balancing life goals and performance - Australian Sports Commission
Media Release - 8 September 2010
- Work and Life Index 2010 (released 3 August 2010) says work-life balance 'getting worse'
- Announcing NCDW 2011 celebration week will take place from 16 to 22 May 2011
- A BIG thank you from the NCDW Team to everyone who got involved in the NCDW 2010 campaign (July 2009 to June 2010)
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog
15 June 2010
- Home & Away website features NCDW specific story with ambassador Mark Furze
- New resource - 'Career Choices in South Australia' by Department of Further Education, Employment, Science & Technology - helping students make informed career choices - 31 May 2010
- Media Release - What a difference a week makes to careers
27 May 2010
- NBN Television news story on NCDW event 'Central Coast Career Development Week' with NCDW guest speaker Capt. Ben Gallacher from Australian Defence Force - 20 May 2010
- Listen to the Podcast of Career Success Radio Show: NCDW Special Edition (featuring CICA President Bernadette Gigliotti & Employment Journalist Kate Southam) - 17 May 2010
- Announcing NCDW 2010 Lead Events
- Media Release - Take Control of Your Future during National Career Development Week 17 to 23 May 2010
- NCDW Video Series - High Five Messages of Career Development on YouTube
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 22 March 2010
- Media Release - Launch of NCDW 2010 & Special Community Forum - 18 March 2010
- Media Release - High Five Video Series - 15 February 2010
- Register your event(s) early & you could win an NCDW silk banner
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Xmas Blog - 15 December 2009
- NCDW Event Planning Resources online
- NCDW Video gallery
- NCDW Must-Have Career Resources
- Information about service changes under COAG: Compact with Young Australians - 26 November 2009
- Careers in the News - 23 November 2009
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 29 October 2009
- Congratulations to NCDW competition winners
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 26 August 2009
- Partnership with Adult Learning Australia
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 4 August 2009
- Media Release - 12 June 2009
- Announcing NCDW celebration week will be held from 17 to 23 May 2010
- Steve Liebmann interview with 2UE's John Stanley (audio) - 22 May 2009
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 25 May 2009
- See the NCDW Channel Ten News story on The Wiggles website
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - 19 May 2009
- Media Release - 18 to 24 May 2009
- Wiggles encourage Australians to plan job future
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - April 2009
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - March 2009
- Caroline Jones (Campaign Manager) Blog - February 2009 Celebrate National Career Development Week 16 to 22 May! - NCDW Newsletter - 16 May 2011 NCDW Blog on Official Home & Away Website by ambassador Mark Furze - part 4 of 5: Know Yourself, Believe in Yourself and Follow Your Heart - 16 May 2011